Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Darkness Calling......


Sometimes in my sleep I do hear it calling,
I always did hear it call me,
As a kid I feared it very much,
but it just called me!!

I would wake up in cold sweat,
it would just be me, there alone in the dark,
and I would hear it calling me,
calling ever so softly,
calling me towards it…
so I just did what I thought was to be done…
Just part ways with it…
Just like I did with most of the things…
Go with the light….

So easily did it not give up on me…
Cause it would follow …
And it would call..
It still does…..
In a certain way ...
I know its has a deep quality,
Oooh so the dark quality….
I feared it …
And I feared it…
And I was running away from it…
I still sometimes run away from it….

It would haunt me…
It would follow me…
it would still not give up on me
in a certain uncanny obsessive way
it would still follow me..
it did so till I decided to see it…
it did so till I heard its voice…
I started listening to it hard
so that its soft whisper could I decipher….

Oooh what I heard.. is all vile…
but yet ooh so tempting was it go that way…
was it not what they say…
the dark side has a certain seductive way…
I heard it soon.. clear was it now…
And it did not seem sooo dark..
as I had feared it soo much to be…
It was maybe just trying just to be heard..
As I was trying so many years…
It was then that I realized..
That it was not very different than I
It was the very deep inside of me…
That I was just not ready to see…

Was it the growing voice in me…
Not the darkness that I thought it to be…
But just some deep thought that we …
As people.. as society so don’t want to think and be…
Yes they were me..
They were very much me…
It was the darkness within me…
And that’s what I did not see…
For so long all I did was run away from me…
But when I did acknowledge that within me…
Was it not a part of me!!!

Today I hear it still..
Sometimes in soft whispers
Sometimes in screams….
Today when the darkness calls me..
I take time to listen to it…
Sometimes hear what it says..
Sometimes just ignore what it means…
I hear it calling me…
Today I differ with it….
And I do not run away from it….
As I know it not a alien thought outside me
just a deep dark me.. calling ME!



No comments: